Strategic Projects and Achievements in 2015
Rostelecom achieved the following milestones:
- OTT Interactive TV 2.0 service was launched
- New cloud based services were launched (virtual office, web video-conferencing, web teleconferencing).
- The number of remote sales increased by 25%.
- National Data Centres, a JV between Rostelecom and Inter RAO was set up in August, to deploy a DC network and cloud platform designed for holding Geographical Information Systems and those of public authorities, state corporations and companies where the government holds an interest.
- Revenue per employee grew up to RUB 2 mln.
- Implementation of the operational efficiency improvement program resulted in savings of RUB 8.5 bln.
- By the end of 2015, some 1.5 thousand access points were put in operation as part of the Bridging the Digital Divide project. The Company continues construction activities and new access points are being put into service ahead of schedule.
- Stage 1 construction and installation work was completed between Sakhalin and Magadan, including shore and deep water installation. The network length is 924 km.